Research Grants and Scholarships
All MCD University of Divinity HDR students who are Australian citizens or hold a Permanent Humanitarian visa are eligible to have their tuition fees paid for by the FEE-HELP loan scheme, repaying the loan through the taxation system when their taxable income reaches $41,595 (approx - the amount is indexed each year). FEE-HELP loans receive a 10% discount for voluntary early repayments.
MCD doctoral students who have successfully had their research topic approved by a Confirmation or Upgrade (from MA or MTheol) Panel have their tuition fees paid by funds from the Commonwealth Research Training Scheme.
In order to facilitate faculty and HDR student research, the MCD University of Divinity offers a number of internal grants and scholarships:
- Faculty Small Grants: download Application and guidelines
- MCD University of Divinity Staff/Faculty Conference Grants: download Application with guidelines
- Library Research Acquisitions: download Library Research Acquisition Request (general information) and details of request
HDR students may apply for a Conference Travel Grant (up to $2,500) to cover registration and conference costs for a conference for a peer-reviewed paper has been accepted to be given: download Application with Guidelines.
The MCD University of Divinity office also administers external grants and scholarships, including:
- Australian Postgraduate Awards pay tuition fees, and a non-taxable living allowance for up to three years: these are open to Australian and New Zealand citizens. The MCD University of Divinity has been awarded an average of three annually since 2002: download Application and Information
- International Student Postgraduate Research Scholarships pay tuition fees and health insurance costs, but only Overseas Students are eligible: download Application and Information
For further information on MCD University of Divinity Research Grants and Scholarships contact:
Director of Research
MCD University of Divinity
21 Highbury Grove
Kew VIC 3101
Phone: (03) 9853 3177 Fax: (03) 9853 6695 email: email@example.com